Music TV Channel
- Music TV Channel is an American cable television channel based in New York City, New York.
- MTV launched on Saturday, August 1, 1981. The original purpose of the channel was to play music videos guided by television personalities known as VJs.
- In its early years MTV’s main target demographic were young adults, but today MTV broadcasts are primarily targeted at adolescents and teenagers.
- MTV has spawned numerous sister channels in the U.S. and affiliated channels internationally, some of which have gone independent.
- MTV’s influence on its audience, including issues related to censorship and social activism, has been a subject of debate for years.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)