Grand Prix Sport live
- Grand Prix (A1GP) is a ‘single make’ open wheel auto racing series.
- It is unique in its field in that competitors solely represent their nation as opposed to themselves or a team, the usual format in most formula racing series. As such, it was often promoted as the “World Cup of Motorsport”.
- The series was ratified by the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and races were held in the traditional Formula One off-season, the northern hemisphere winter.
- The nation-based A1GP concept was founded by Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum of Dubai, initially in 2003.
- After a successful first season of A1GP, it was announced on 29 September 2006 that Maktoum was to sell his position as Chairman & Director of A1GP.
- The transfer of his share in the organisation of A1 Grand Prix to RAB Capital was finalized in December 2006. Tony Teixeira took control of the series in 2006, leading it to liquidation by 2009.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)